The issue with the modern adaptation of Haldi Doodh to its pills and shots of turmeric, curcumin, and Curcuma, is the abuse of its quantity. The magic about Haldi Doodh (turmeric milk) according to Diwekar is the proportions. In fact, the sorcery lies in the amount of it that’s being taken. The reason behind this is that overuse of such milk can have serious side effects on your health.
Indian weight loss industry has been promoting turmeric latte and golden milk for quite some years now and we have been crazed all over it. We obviously know that Indian diets for weight loss are marvellous. One can easily lose weight if the person follows the proper guideline of weight loss. The presence of golden milk, or more formerly known as Haldi Doodh has been around for a much longer time now. And nutritionist and health advocate Rujuta Diwekar has taken it on herself to revive its age-old tradition to its proper usage on week 5 of her 12-week fitness project 2020. In her week 4 fitness project 2020, she reveals the importance of afternoon nap. And even she has given a complete guideline how to take an afternoon nap.
Why We Should Have Haldi Doodh
- It allows better sleep. For people with broken sleep who have to keep waking up in the middle of the sleep to stretch legs and find it hard to go back to sleep, having turmeric milk before sleep can improve their sleep patterns.
- It improves recovery. After lots of working out and exercise, turmeric milk at night does wonders to recover the wear and tear of tissues.
- Turmeric milk is very beneficial for fixing hormonal imbalances. Especially, with women whose menstrual cycles are inconsistent and who face problems with acne and skin problems, Haldi Doodh can improve these issues.
- During seasonal changes, it is common to catch many diseases. So Haldi Doodh is very advantageous as it promotes better immunity.
- In summary, Haldi Doodh is immensely filled with advantages like antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, the aid in recovery, and above all the boost in immunity.
How To Make Haldi Doodh
Before going to bed, prepare yourself a cup of turmeric milk. It is actually for the improvement of many corners of your life just by following some very simple steps. Take a cup of milk, or buttermilk if you’re lactose intolerant. Put the milk in a vessel to heat it. Add half a teaspoon of Haldi while the milk is boiling. Let the mixture boil and then pour it into your favourite mug. Add jaggery or sugar to it. You can have it hot or cold, whichever you prefer. And that’s that! You can have it as the last food before you go to sleep every day. It’s only effective if you’re having it every day.
Modifications For Special Use
- If you are suffering from blood pressure, heart disease, joint pain, or diabetes, add a pinch of nutmeg into your Haldi Doodh.
- For people with acne and bad skin, add a little olive seed to the milk mixed with turmeric.
- For thyroid, weak joints, poor sleep, and restless legs add a few cashews with the milk mixed with turmeric.
- Do you have bad throats, infections, and colds? Then add a little black pepper to the milk.
- And finally, if you’re vegan and cannot have milk, have a pinch of Haldi with a piece of dry coconut and jagger by 4 to 5 pm.
Well, that’s it for week 6! Take care of yourselves and take simple steps to better your health and your life.