Oil is necessary to cook food. It is challenging to find out the best cooking oil for health. Different types of cooking oils are available in the market. Canola, sunflower, soybean, peanut, etc. are few of them. But which one is the best to use for weight loss, cholesterol control, and overall health benefits?
Kachi Ghani or cold pressed Cooking Oils (Mustard/ Til/ Coconut or ground nut which ever is as per your traditions )
Ayurveda mentions that, so as to keep your ‘Vata’ balanced, we need to use pure and unfiltered cooking oils! Pure cooking oils are capable of maintaining the balance of 3 dosha (Vata,Pitta,Kaph) in our body. ! Pure and natural oils even have the capability to get the distorted dosha back in balance. So these are the best ones for the weight loss..
Considering this fact, Kachi Ghani has brought you 100% pure, natural and clod pressed oils to help you stay healthy and diseases free. So replace your refined and filtered oils with Kachi Ghani pure cooking oils.
Mustard/ Til / Ground nut or cold pressed coconut oil , all are good for health and as well for the weight loss.
The essential mustard oil is presumed to be good for health and weight loss. The essential mustard oil extracted from steam distillation of mustard seed has immense values as a cooking medium.
Advantages Of Essential Mustard Oils
- Valid for weight loss due to the presence of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acid.
- Enhances the taste, flavour, and essence of food.
- Helps a cure for many diseases related to skin, muscle, joint, and heart.
- It has many cancer-fighting properties.
The senior cardiologist at Max hospital, Vasant Kunj, Dr Ripen Gupta claims that this oil is very beneficial for the heart.
These cold pressed seed oils are best for cooking your meals.
Virgin Olive Oil is good for Salad !
Salads are the best weight-loss food. To furthermore enhance the advantages, you should be using the best kind of oil. You can use many varieties of oils, but the best oil to use virgin olive oil. Olive oil directly derives from the olive fruit. You know what? For salad dressing. Virgin olive oil is best. Because of the unsaturated fats present in it, it is better not to use it for cooking which many experts suggest. It is for the salad purposes.
Advantages Of The Best Cooking Olive Oil
- It is suitable for the heart, brain, and overall health.
- It cuts off depression and improves mental health due to the richness of omega-three and omega-six fatty acids.
- Olive oil balances the acidity in high acid food used in salads like tomatoes, vinegar, lemon juice, etc.
- It is an excellent source of antioxidants and healthy fats.
- Monosaturated fatty acids increase the mobility of food through the colon, leading to weight loss.
So, drizzle olive oil over your salad and mix it into your salad dressing and spice up your greens with immense health benefits.
Best is to use it for tadka/ garnishing and for shallow fry.
Clarification of churned butter turns it into ghee. You can make ghee using buffalo, cow, sheep and goat milk. Homemade ghee is called desi ghee. Ghee is enriched with nutritional values that most of us unaware. It also enhances the flavour of food.
Advantages Of Ghee
- Ghee is god source DHA. It is a top-rated source for Omega-3, and it reduces risks of cancer, heart attacks, insulin resistance, arthritis, and ADHD.
- Helps in weight loss due to the Omega 6 richness.
- Filed with many deep-frying amino acids shrinks fat cells into a magnificent body.
- Contains butyric acid along with vitamin A, D, E, and K. This helps in boosting immunity.
- Keeps hair healthy, strengthen bones, and improve eyesight problem.
- It helps to increase the immunity as Ghee has antibacterial as well as antiviral properties. So it not just helps in recovering from sickness, but it provides you immunity to ensure that you don’t fall sick.
- The anti-oxidants in Ghee provides the the miraculous anti-ageing and anti-wrinkling power which we all are always searching for.
- Ghee is lubricates and oxygenates the joints so is considered excellent for joint health also.
Ghee takes out the nutrients from the food consumed by you and deliver these via fat permeable membranes like in the brain.
Myths about Ghee
- Myth 1 : Ghee is bad for fat loss–
Fact : Ghee being lipolytic, actually breaks down the fa and even the stubborn fat. This is mainly due it’s unique short chain fatty acid structure.
- Myth 2: Ghee is a saturated fat so should be avoided-
It’s a saturated fat but with it has a unique structure as explained above and therefore it helps to mobilize fats from stubborn fat areas of the body. It is definitely not a saturated fat like trans-fats in your biscuits, cakes, pizza, etc and should not be confused with such a fat.
- Myth 3 :Ghee increases cholesterol levels-
Ghee actually reduces cholesterol by increasing contribution of lipids towards metabolism. Liver produces excess cholesterol under stress. Ghee helps you de-stress, sleep better and wake up fresher. So eat ghee to lower the cholesterol.
- Myth 4 : Ghee is harmful for heart –
Since it ghee can help to keep your cholesterol levels in control so it us actually good for heart. More over being rich in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) , antioxidants, and also fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E, Ghee provides you all that is needed for a healthy heart.
- Myth 5 :Ghee is good, but eat is very small proportions –
Traditionally we used to add Ghee in each meal and that was actually good for our health. The right quantity is the quantity at which the taste of food is best as per your own tongue and stomach .
One should have ghee around 3-6 tsp per day. You may add extra tsp ghee with your lunch menu and can add this extra ghee when you feel that you crave for sweet and you are operating on 50% potential. You can add extra tsp of it with your dinner meal when you feel that you are suffering from constipation. You know what? Sleep disorder improves by consuming it. It also improves from Irritable bowel syndrome and digestion difficulties.
Cooking Oils: Rice Bran Oil
Rice bran oil is the outer layer of rice grain. Rice bran oil is perfect for you in terms of weight loss and health.
Advantages Of Rice Bran Oil
- It contains lots of fibre which helps in efficient digestion and weight loss.
- This oil is very viscous. So caloric intake is very less, and thus less weight you may gain.
- It has gamma oryzanol which helps in treating high cholesterol and menopause.
- It helps in heart functions, prevent blood clotting and helps to improve sight problems.
Edible Coconut Oil
The Indian uses coconut oil in a high amount as hair oil, massage oil, and of course, cooking oil. Edible coconut oil derives from the kernel of mature coconut of the coconut palm. It is very much used in southern part of India but in North India people are unable to consume it for cooking as they dislike the smell of same in cooking. However now cold pressed coconut oils are easily available in market and these are all out odourless. So now North Indians can also enjoy the advantages of coconut oil, without worrying about the odour of same.
Advantages Of Edible Coconut Oil
- Boosts metabolism, leading to weight loss.
- It keeps you full and suppresses hunger. So you don’t end up overeating.
- According to research, coconut oil burns belly fat.
- It also provides the body with lots of good cholesterol.
- The MCFA component present in the oil helps to fight Alzheimer’s.
- Coconut oil helps in preventing heart diseases and high blood pressure.
We all have a terrible impression around oils. But the bottom line here is, specific oils are very beneficial for your health and weight loss. So use the best cooking oils for the particular cooking plan.
Cooking Oils For Shallow And Deep Fry
Shallow and deep fry are two different methods of crisping up your food. In shallow fry, only the bottom half of your food touches the oil, and it needs to flip once or twice. On the other hand, in deep fry, the food is completely drowned in oil.
Obviously, in both methods, oil is being used. And you would point towards deep-frying as the unhealthiest option, right?
But you shouldn’t be depriving yourself of the excellent food in fear. Because, by using certain types of oils (ghee, rice bran, coconut) for frying your diet, you can remain healthy while also you can promote weight loss. Never use Olive oil for shallow or deep frying purpose. But remember fried food is not good for weight loss. However if you take it once in a week in small proportion by frying at home using Ghee/Coconut or Rice barn oil then the impact will be minimal.